My main is Chatmay the warlock, but I also have Meridia the holy priest. I have tried every healing class at least once, but priest is my favorite right now. I have never tried disc, I have been holy from 1-85! I love it.
Meridia the Priest
Today I saw that Kamalia posted about a survey called Miss Medicina’s Circle of Healers survey. It has been being passed from healer to healer to fill out since 1999! I should STRESS here that I am not an expert healer by any means, so I am just doing this survey for fun.
So here’s how it works.
Post this questionnaire, with your answers, on your blog. Pick the healing class you know most about (or is the focus of your blog) for the questionnaire, and then send it over to another healing blogger you know and love who heals with a DIFFERENT class. Include a link to the blogger who sent you the questionnaire, as well as a link to the blogger to whom you are sending it.
1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
My 85 healer right now is Meridia, holy priest, on Terokkar.
2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
I consider myself an excellent healer. That being said, I do not enjoy 5-mans as much as the only healer. Any time there is a bad tank, low dps, or myself being blamed for people dying for whatever reason I get pissed off. So I enjoy healing raids more. Right now my problem is getting the gear for current raids since they require heroic level/valor gear.
In raids, I love 25 mans, but there are very few on my server now for whatever reason. Every BH and other is always 10 man, and as someone who has always raid healed… I do not want to stress myself about 2 healing a raid. I dunno, maybe this makes me fail heals. lol
3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
OK on to healing. It is hard for me to pick one healing spell for holy that I love the most. I love the fact that we have tons of instant casts. Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, and when it procs instant flash heal are some of my faves.
4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
I know this is a huge no-no since cata came out, but I really hate the Heal spell. It’s ok with chakra, but unless you are just bad with mana I feel that it doesn’t really give much heal for the cast time. Unfortunately, it saves the most mana.
5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
I have seen many healers die because they aren’t healing themselves when they take damage. Because of this, I feel that Desperate Prayer is a huge plus to holy and has saved me many times.
6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
I feel like I am great at raid heals, but I have had trouble in the past at times when assigned to tank healing. Like I said, I am not a healing expert so not sure why.
7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
Always raid heals please. Although towards the end of LK, I solo healed a Naxx 25 man as well as several other things.
8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
As much as I enjoy my holy priest, I have currently a level 58 resto druid. Maybe it is just the current level and content I am doing in 5 mans, but she is AWESOME. I 2-manned BRD at level 51 with a tank paladin. I feel like there is nothing I couldn’t heal at that level on her right now. We will wait and see how she does at 85 though.
9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
OMG I HATE healing as holy pally. They have added some new healing spells for paladins since I did it last, but it was not fun for me.
10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Since Cata came out, I have really had to relearn healing as holy. Mainly cause I am a mana hog. I was using mana intensive spells before and didn’t realize it too much. Now I am using different spells, but on harder fights I am still finding myself getting out my shadowfiend or having to Hymn of Hope.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
If I ever have to yank someone with that new spell that pisses me off. Or having to dispell someone who gets into something they could have avoided that causes them to not move or whatever. These are taking away from my healing! learn to stay out of bad stuff.
12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
I do not use recount healing meter too much. Yes, I want to do a certain amount on there, but I don’t think it takes into account my PWS, which I use on tanks. I also tend to not overheal very much at all compared to many other healers I have noticed. So they might be number one on heals done, but if you look at overheals they are like 50% overhealing.
If everyone stays alive, and if I make big saves when a bad pull happens I know I am doing a good job.
14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
People right now seem to be confused about what holy priests are capable of. I am told sometimes that I should be tank healing, when I feel that we are better for raid heals. Also, I know of many priests who are commanded to change specs to disc because it is “better”… whatever!
15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
I have seen chakra not being used correctly. I have seen holy priests who didn’t spec into lightwell trying to do firelands raiding. I’ve also seen mana problems with new 85s, but like I said I dealt with that too. Gear makes a huge difference.
16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via Recount or World of Logs, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
17. Haste or Crit or Mastery and why?
I’ve gone for haste first. When I use Heal and Greater Heal, I don’t want it taking forever.
18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
I am still learning druid healing, and I don’t have all the spells on my alt yet. I must not understand pally healing as well, like I said it sucked when I did it. I have resto shaman down, I just prefer to go elemental spec.
19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I am currently only using Decursive. I cannot stand relying on Healium, Vuh-do, or any of those. I find myself looking at all the junk on my screen and not paying attention to the fight. That being said, I am still looking to maybe change my UI on my holy priest only just for easier click-healing in raids.
20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
This question doesn’t specify whether this includes main stats, but I am going for int and spirit then haste, then crit/mastery about even.
I am supposed to link this survey to someone else, so I’d like to tag…
Zahraah of Pugnacious Priest even though she is same class.