Here are some of the details he provided:
To participate in the event, you’re required to make TEN outfits.
The first outfit is for the faction you are assigned to have a flag bearer and is not judged. The other nine outfits are medal categories, which are:
- Archery – Build an outfit around your favourite bow.
- Cycling – Build a biker outfit to compliment the Chopper. It must be either Leather or Mail.
- Discus – Build an outfit around one of the shield skins seen here
- Equestrian – Build an outfit to compliment one of the horse mounts in the game. (Faction limitations apply, so no Orcs on a Stormwind pony)
- Fencing – Time for some swordplay. Build your best outfit around the 1h sword of your choice.
- Javelin – Build an outfit around the polearm of your choice.
- Hammer Throw – Build an outfit around your favourite two-handed hammer.
- Wrestling – We’re going to deviate from olympic wrestling and go to the sports entertainment aspect instead. Using one of the “championship” belts, design your own Azerothian pro wrestler. Think of the oversized belts, such as the Firemend Cinch seen here.
- Freestyle – Build your own NPC. Could be an innkeeper, could be the Green Orc Lantern. Doesn’t matter.
Other rules are:
- There is NO limit on the number of participants.
- 9 competition outfits. At least 5 different races must be used, never repeating the same gender/race combo (if you use Blood Elf Male for Javelin, you can’t make a Blood Elf Male for Discus. You could however make it female so long as you aren’t submitting a Blood Elf Female in any other event). Your flagbearer combo may be used in a competition event.
- Your event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues entering the discus)
- Include the gear you used for each outfit please (the judges can peg many articles from in-game, but can’t always tell what everything is).
- All entries are to be submitted at once. Send the screenshots to email@example.com
- As per Mog Madness, MogIt and ModelViewer entries are welcome.
- We’ll reveal three events a week for three weeks, beginning August 12th. Medals will be handed out accordingly.
- I have set no criteria for fellow judges (still confirming who the official judges will be). They will simply give their rankings based on their own thoughts. However, they’ll not know who they’re voting on (it will be labelled as Outfit D, rather than “Tome,” for example).
- The winner will have received the most medals in the nine events.
I balked at this contest at first…I mean that is a lot of outfits to come up with. If I were just using my main and maybe a few of my alts, I would have them easy. But so far that gender/race rule is killing me.
Most of my toons are female, and I have a lot of humans, nightelves, and draneis. I had to really decide which human female I wanted to use the most because it would keep the others from being in the contest. (and believe it or not, Chatmay will not be participating in this transmog contest!)
I do not have a female gnome toon, and all of my horde toons are level 20 or lower. I like to make my outfits and screenshots in-game as much as possible, so I am struggling to get as many different gender/races as I can. Plus I have spent a lot on transmog gear at the current jacked-up prices.
I also have NO worgen toons, and I was assigned Gilneas of all things as my faction. So I pretty much HAD to use WOW Model Viewer to make my flag carrier.
I decided to make my flag-carrier a male worgen rogue. The Gilneas tabard was required. Every piece of gear he has on uses titles/names that I thought best portrayed the worgen race.
Check it out:
Helm- The Wanderer’s Cover
Shoulder- Shadowskin Spaulders
Back- Juno’s Shadow
Chest- Vest of Dark Rumors
Bracers- Madwolf Bracers
Gloves- Half Truth Handlers
Belt- Bonechewer Pelt-Girdle
Legs- Wanderer’s Leggings
Boots- Footpads of the Fang
That is all I can post for now. The nine category outfits have to be submitted all together, and we are not allowed to post them anywhere until the contest has been judged.
So wish me luck!